Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy Sunday Update!

Did you miss me?
I missed you.  I missed communicating with you during the last few weeks!
I've started a new position, moved to a new place and still need to get internet service connected at home.

March 2, 2014, Bishop Alexis A. Thomas preached, "I'm Good".  He used Philippians 4:11-23 as his reference scriptures.

Our enemy can't keep us from spending eternity with God in Heaven, but he strives to keep us from experiencing "Heaven on Earth".  Jesus paid the entire bill for our freedom; spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially!  We are redeemed from the curse which is poverty, sickness, and death!  

The Apostle Paul wrote, I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.” - Philippians 4:11-14 (Message)  We can make it if we know who we are.  How can we know who we are? So glad you asked.  We learn who we really are by the Word of God.  God says, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."   He proclaims your value and your worth.  You can trust him and say, "I'm Good!"

March 9, 2014, Bishop Alexis A. Thomas preached, "Are You A Sin-Finder?"  He used John 9.  

This is a familiar story.  Jesus and the crowd passed by a blind man.  Instead of feeling compassion on the blind man the people in the crowd asked, "Who sinned?"  "Who is to blame for the man's condition?"  They were skilled at pointing out sin.  They had a "Sin Radar".  Do you?  Don't get me wrong, sin is bad.  We should avoid sin at all costs, but we must be careful not to be judgmental.  

Jesus said, “Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It’s easy to see a smudge on your neighbor’s face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, ‘Let me wash your face for you,’ when your own face is distorted by contempt? It’s this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor." Matthew 7:1-5 (Message)

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment