Monday, July 7, 2014

Lifter

Happy Sunday!

Bishop Alexis A. Thomas was back with us today!  So wonderful!  He is still recuperating from his back injury.  Thank you for continuing to remember him in your prayers.  He said he received an e-mail from a member after the Father's Day service. The member just happens to be one of the leading back surgeons in the Phoenix area. He's been working with Bishop and they are seeing improvement. God is so awesome. Bishop Tudor Bismark posted this quote on Facebook, it fits in perfectly..."God has means we know nothing of and ways that we do not understand. Let's not limit God in our lives with our logic and rational. God has resources in places you never dreamt were placed. He doesn't need to do the obvious in your life."

Bishop preached, "God Will Lift Up Your Head!"  He used Psalm 3:1-3, "Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head." (King James Version)

The word "but" is commonly used as a conjunction.  It introduces a contrasting idea. The psalmist wrote about some really negative things that were going on in his personal life.  He said, "My adversaries are many, too many to count. Now they have taken a stand against me!" (Voice)  His enemies even had the audacity to say, "God will not save you!" (Voice)  BUT he remembered to take his focus off his problems and turn his eyes toward the Lord.  He proclaimed, "But You, Eternal One, wrap around me like an impenetrable shield. You give me glory and lift my eyes up to the heavens." (Voice)

Whatever difficulty you are facing, remember God will lift up your head!  He will bring you out!  He will rescue you!  He will heal you!  He will prosper you!  How do I know? So glad you asked!

"The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack." - Psalm 23:1 (Amplified Version)

"He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind." - Isaiah 40:31 (Message)

"Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross so that freed from our sins, we could live a life that has God’s approval. His wounds have healed you." - 1 Peter 2:24 (God's Word Translation)

"I pray for good fortune in everything you do, and for your good health—that your everyday affairs prosper, as well as your soul!" - 3 John 1:2 (Message)

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment