Monday, August 4, 2014

God Will Answer Prayer: Part Two

Happy Sunday!

Bishop Alexis A. Thomas continued his sermon series, "God Will..."  with "God Will Answer Prayer": Part two.  Today he used Luke 18:1-8.  The New Living Translation says, "One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. “There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy. The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”

Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”

Bishop reminded us that all boasting must be and will be removed. He said and I quote, "You cannot get divine things done in human strength." Our ancestors understood this concept and sang, "Father I stretch my hand to thee, no other help I know. If thou withdraw thyself from me wither shall I go?"  With God all things are possible.  We are full of gifts, grace, purpose and power.  No one can do what we are ordained to do!  Everything that God is, and everything God has is accessible through prayer. 

What do you believe God is? Who do you believe God is?  The Word says, "It’s impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him." - Hebrews 11:6 (Message)  Did you get that?  He cares enough to respond! God Will Answer Prayer!  And here's further proof, "We live in the bold confidence that God hears our voices when we ask for things thatfit His plan. And if we have no doubt that He hears our voices, we can be assured that He moves in response to our call." - 1 John 5:14-15(VOICE)

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment