Sunday, April 19, 2015

Foxes

Happy Sunday!

Luke 16:10-12 says, "He who is faithful in a very little [thing] is faithful also in much, and he who is dishonest and unjust in a very little [thing] is dishonest and unjust also in much. Therefore if you have not been faithful in the [case of] unrighteous mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions), who will entrust to you the true riches? And if you have not proved faithful in that which belongs to another [whether God or man], who will give you that which is your own [that is, the true riches]?" (Amplified)

My mother-in-law, Minnie Pruitt used to say, "The Bible is so easy that a child can understand it and a fool would have no reason to err."  What a true statement,  Now we even have thousands of translations and versions that make it even easier to understand. So why are we still depressed, dissatisfied, disgusted, and diseased?  Could it be that we haven't applied the scriptures in Luke 16? Are we being faithful in the small things? Jesus was speaking! Do we believe what we are reading?  If we really beleive what Jesus said, we will do what Jesus said!

So what are the small things in your life? Think about it this way!  If you can't manage one employee, how will you be promoted to manage 100 employees?  If you can't keep your one bedroom apartment clean, how will you maintain a 3000 square foot house?  If you can't tithe a dime on that dollar, can you really be trusted with the millions you desire? Song of Solomon 2:15 says, "the little foxes are destroying our grape-fields".  The little foxes digging under and burrowing under the grape vines can break the connection of the vine and the branches.  It's the little things that can keep us separated from our blessings.  Jesus said, "I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples." John 15:5-8 (Message)

My work is cut out for me!  I've got things to do.  I'll be identifying and eliminating little foxes this week!

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment