Sunday, August 30, 2015

Tell the Truth!

Happy Sunday!

I'm praying that you enjoyed a wonderful weekend.  Praying that the new week is full of blessings for you and your family: Spiritually, Emotionally, Physically, and Financially.
I had a great weekend myself, and today topped it off nicely.  Dr. Bill Winston continued his series, "The Power of Love", with the subtitle "Possessing Your Mountain".  You know I take good notes, but the message was so powerful and timely today, I bought the CD.  There was enough revelation in the message to cover several Happy Sunday messages.  I'll share just a few of the highlights.
In order to possess our mountain, we need the truth! People go to church for many reasons. The best reason to go to church is to get the truth. But just as Jack Nicholson's character said in the movie, "A Few Good Men"..."You can't handle the truth!"  We have to "man up" as Dr. Winston said, and agree that some of the things we believe are false. This week as I was listening to preaching, Andrew Wommack describe it like this..."The slickest deception that Satan has ever put across on the world and primarily on the Body of Christ is to get us to embrace his work as the work of God."  
I know, I know you're thinking you have never been deceived.  Just humor me for a moment. This is the 10 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.  People, even Christian people called the storm an "Act of God". That, my friends is embracing the devil's work and blaming it on God.  OK, so you think I'm extreme.  Think about this.  In Mark 4, Jesus and the disciples were in a ship and being battered by a storm.  The disciples were seasoned fishermen and sailors, but they cried out to Jesus for help.  Jesus spoke to the wind and calmed the storm.  One question, if God caused the storm wouldn't Jesus be disobedient to stop the storm?  What about this, people say God put sickness on them to teach them a lesson.  So wouldn't taking medicine be working against the will of God, if he wanted you sick? I'm not telling anyone to stop taking their medicine, I just want you to rethink some of your cliches, and old wives tales. Think about this, if God is our father and he caused the car accident, the job loss, and the death of your loved one, shouldn't somebody call child protective services? That's child abuse! Rest assured my friends, God is not a child abuser! The devil is and always has been the one who, "steals, kills, and destroys". (John 10:10) Experience is NOT the best teacher, the Holy Spirit is! John 14:26 says, "The Father is sending a great Helper, the Holy Spirit, in My name to teach you everything and to remind you of all I have said to you." (Voice)
In the old church, we sang "Do not pass me by". I really liked that song. But the Word says in Hebrew 13:5, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."  So if God never leaves me, how can he pass me by? These songs breed unbelief. Unbelief kills our faith.  Without faith we cannot please God. (Hebrews 11:6)  Without Faith we will never be able to defeat the enemy.  That's exactly what the enemy wants! He wants you to keep going to church feeding on unbelief and allowing him to beat your brains out on Monday morning. He wants you to enjoy the music, and tip out when the Word is being preached.  He's smart enough to know that if you don't get wisdom and understanding, you will perish! Hosea 4:6 says, "My people are ruined because they don’t know what’s right or true." (Message)
Before you delete this email, think about this...Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." (KJV)  Just in case that scripture isn't easy for you to understand, try this translation..."Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit—you choose." (Message)  You Choose! Yes, your life and my life are the way they are because of our choices.  Choosing not to believe the Word, choosing to do it our way, and choosing to think we are smarter than God.
Don't be discouraged!  There is HOPE! Dr. Winston said, "You don't have to go through Hell to get to Heaven!" That's good news! God wants you to succeed in EVERY area of your life!  He wants your life to be so attractive and beautiful that people see you and ask, "What must I do to be saved?" (Acts 16:30)  Remember Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Living Bible)
Searching for truth, in the Word of God.  Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment