Sunday, May 8, 2016

Faith for the Promise...

Happy Sunday!

Happy Mother's Day!  Praying that you enjoyed a wonderful day sharing cherished memories, or showing your mother as much love as possible!  

Today, Dr. Bill Winston said, "Faith for the Promise is in the Promise".  You may want to say that out loud a couple times or take a moment just to think about it.  Whatever you need, whatever you are dreaming of,  and whatever you may have thought was too great to ask for is available by Faith in the Promise.  Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."(KJV).  So let me ask, what scripture(promise) are you standing on?  Dr. Kenneth E. Hagin often said he wouldn't even pray for a person that could not identify what scripture they were standing on.  If you don't know you are eligible for a benefit you could suffer without it.  Once I had a temporary assignment with Kelly Services.  The assignment ended abruptly.  In a conversation with my friend, Barbara Macon she suggested that I apply for unemployment benefits.  In my mind, I couldn't imagine I would qualify.  But, I was eligible.  Those employment benefits were such a blessing to me and my family until I found full-time employment.  The information I needed already existed, the benefit already existed, but it did me no good until I heard it.  Just hearing it was not going to get it to me, I had to do the work and inquire and apply for it.  James 2:20 says, "Fool! When will you ever learn that “believing” is useless without doing what God wants you to? Faith that does not result in good deeds is not real faith."(Living Bible).  

Dr. Bill Winston continued the series, "Receiving Your Inheritance" with the subtitle, "Releasing the Blessing".  Anything God tells you to do will have to be done by Faith.  Hebrews 10:38 says, "Now the just shall live by faith."(KJV).  Another translation says it this way, "The person who is right with me will live by trusting in me."(Easy-to-Read Version).  A person of Faith will live their life with the confidence that nothing is impossible with God!   A person of Faith will understand that the Word is a seed.  When the seed of the Word is planted in good soil(your heart) it will produce a harvest.  A seed knows what to do!  You plant any seed in soil and it will instinctively grow.  Even a wooden fence pole after many years in the ground will begin to rot.  What happened? The soil worked on the pole trying to make it grow.  You know the scripture..."Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."(Galatians 6:7, KJV).  Do you want more money? Plant money seeds.  Do you want more love? Plant love seeds.  Do you want more friends? Plant friend seeds.  Proverbs 18:24 says, "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."(KJV).  

This week, go back to your Promise in the Word.  Read it again, read it out loud if necessary. You can even memorize it if you haven't already.  The Faith for that Promise is in the Promise.  Trust God!  He is not a human, he is not a man that can lie to you!  He is Almighty God.  For one of his promises to prove false, he would have to be proven false!  That of course, WILL NEVER HAPPEN! Matthew 5:18 says, "God’s Law is more real and lasting than the stars in the sky and the ground at your feet. Long after stars burn out and earth wears out, God’s Law will be alive and working."(Message).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment