Sunday, July 10, 2016

Fear Not

Happy Sunday!

I've always been amazed when I read Revelation 21:8, that the "FEARFUL" are a part of the group that will be cast into the lake of fire.  It says, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."(KJV).   What could be wrong with being afraid?  It's a good question.  So I sought out answers.  In more than 365 scriptures, there are exhortations to "Fear Not" or "Be Not Afraid".  With so many references about not being afraid, it must mean that in this life there will be opportunities to fear.  But because we are commanded not to fear, it has to be possible to live this life fearlessly.

2 Timothy 1:7 says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."(KJV).  So fear is not from God!  Did you or your children ever bring something home, only to have a parent say, "Where did you get that from?"  We don't want our children begging or being exposed to unsavory characters.  So we teach them to ask us for what they want and need.  It's the same with our Heavenly Father!  1 John 4:18 says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."(KJV).   

Fear and Faith work in the same manner!  Both believe that something that hasn't happened will happen.  Fear believes that something negative will happen, and Faith believes that something positive will happen.  Faith and fear cannot occupy the same space.  It's like Jesus said about serving two masters, it is impossible.  You will love one and hate the other. (Matthew 6:24).  Hebrews 11:6 says, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."(KJV).  

In light of recent events in our nation, I am more convinced that the enemy is well aware that his time is getting short.  He uses gullible people to carry out his demonic plans, and then plasters their deeds on every available media outlet in order to induce fear in the hearts of men and women.  John 10:10(a) reminds us of his mode of operation, "The thief approaches with malicious intent, looking to steal, slaughter, and destroy;"(Voice).   Jesus prophesied, "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."(Luke 21:25-26, KJV).  Did you see that?  Fear is strong enough to kill!  No wonder the Word continues to remind us not to be afraid.

I know what you are thinking.  How can I not fear?  There are so many horrible things happening to people just like me.  Great question!  I'm so glad you asked!  Psalm 23:4 says, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."(KJV).  This scripture is overflowing with information about how to live without fear.  First, keep walking!  Don't allow fear to paralyze you!  Remember God is always with you and he will never leave you!  The rod and the staff represent correction and guidance.  Admit that you don't know it all, and allow God to guide you by the Holy Spirit.  I am reminded of the testimonies from September 11, 2001,  Numerous people recalled not feeling like going to work that day in the World Trade Center.  Some testified of other things that prevented them from being in the towers and perishing that day.  The old folks called it "your first mind".  It's that still small voice that tells you, let's take a different route home today.  Tune in the the Holy Spirit and make the Word your priority!  The psalmist wrote, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"(Psalm 27:1, KJV).  Light keeps us from stumbling around in the dark, light makes it easier to navigate, and light as in enlightenment can help us to avoid the traps of the enemy.  Salvation in the Greek and Hebrew means, "Nothing missing, and nothing broken!"  There is no reason to fear when you have everything you could ever need for this life.  

Psalm 27 goes on to describe the benefit of God being your light and salvation.  It says, "When vandal hordes ride down ready to eat me alive, Those bullies and toughs fall flat on their faces.  When besieged, I’m calm as a baby.  When all hell breaks loose, I’m collected and cool."(Psalm 27:2-3, Message).

Love and prayers, Cynthia


Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. - Isaiah 41:10 (KJV)

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrew 13:6 (KJV)

You see, you have not received a spirit that returns you to slavery, so you have nothing to fear. The Spirit you have received adopts you and welcomes you into God’s own family. That’s why we call out to Him, “Abba! Father!” as we would address a loving daddy. - Romans 8:15 (Voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment