Sunday, September 18, 2016

Walking by Faith...

Happy Sunday!

This week was wonderful!  I was able to attend the International Faith Conference Sunday evening, Monday evening, and Tuesday morning and evening!  I wished that I could have attended every day and not had to go to work!  But, I am so thankful for technology!  I can watch the sessions I missed on YouTube.  I know what you must be thinking..."Why would you want to go to church everyday of the week?".   Bruh!  I love the Word, I love the Lord, and the things of God bring me joy!  If I was given the choice between going to work and dealing with stress, unbelief, adult bullying, and hardship or going to church to being with people who believe that all things are possible with God...the choice is easy!  Dr. Veronica Winston said, "The things of God have to be habits!  You cannot just make the things of God an event!"   Of course, we can't hide inside the four walls of the church!  The real ministry begins when our boots hit the ground!  What better way to learn to love the unlovely than to have to work with them?  What better way to learn to walk by faith than to be surrounded by people that do everything they can to degrade and denounce the things of God?  Jesus said, "No sooner do they hear the Word than Satan snatches away what has been planted in them."(Mark 4:15, Message).  So while I'm getting the Word the enemy is working to steal it from me!  News Flash!  I'm doing everything I can to protect the Word that I have received!

Dr. Veronica Winston said, "Whatever we allow to enter our eyes and our ears, has been given legal right to be sown in our hearts!"  No wonder the Word says, "Above all else, guard your affections. For they influence everything else in your life."(Proverbs 4:23, Living Bible).  Another translation says, "Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts.  Don’t talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip.  Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions.  Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you.  Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust."(Message).  I shocked a lady last week when I told her I don't watch the news.  Her mouth dropped!  She cried, "How will you know what to pray about?"  LOL!  First, the Word says, "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is NO NEW THING under the sun."(Ecclesiastes 1:9, KJV).  So although the news media wants you to think there is some new way to murder someone, really there is not.  Second, I have to do what works for me!  How's that working for you?  Are you fearful? Are you preoccupied with things that you cannot change?  Are you overwhelmed by the aparent depravity of man?  Ok, before you say I'm hiding my proverbial head in the sand...I do get small bursts of news reports. But I don't binge watch CNN or Fox News!  I also know that what the Word said is coming to pass.  I know that Jesus said, "I have told you these things so that you will be WHOLE and at PEACE. In this world, you will be plagued with times of trouble, but you need not fear; I have triumphed over this corrupt world order."(John 16:33, Voice).  Jesus is always with me!  My priority is the Word!

Thanks for listening to my rant!  Anyway, walking by faith is interesting!  It's daily applying the Word to real life situations! It's guarding your heart(mind, will, and emotions), and it's watching your tongue.  It's believing the Word is true even when the circumstances don't line up!  It's getting back up and trying again when you have failed miserably!  It's knowing you are healed even when the pain still exists.  It's trusting God that his plan is still a good plan to bring you an expected end!(Jeremiah 29:11).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

Link to Dr. Veronica Winston's message - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeiaVEcXMrQ

No comments:

Post a Comment