Sunday, December 4, 2016

Understanding

Happy Sunday!

I hope you are ready to embark on the new work week!  You are always in my prayers!  What am I praying for you or about you?  Great question!  I'm praying that you will fulfill God's perfect purpose and plan for your life, that you have the spirit of wisdom, knowledge, counsel, might, and understanding, and that you will always be at the right place, at the right time, with the right information, and the right understanding! (Ephesians 1).  I love you, and appreciate your time and your listening ear, each week.

How much can God use you?  In the words of the great prophetess, Janet Jackson..."What have you done for me (God) lately?"  It's the Christmas Holiday Season.  Here in the USA, the build up has begun!  The Christmas Holiday hours have been announced, the first shoppers have been trampled, and the 66" television they advertised for only $99.00, was snapped up by the one shopper in line in front of you.   Yes, I'm being facetious!  But you know there is an element of truth.  There is enough selfishness going around for everyone. Before you label me a scrooge, let me say something.  My children and I celebrated Christmas in February for many years.  Why?  That's when I would get my income tax refund, and have enough extra money to afford gifts.  You do realize Christmas comes a few days before rent is due, right?  I always tried to be open and honest with them.  I gave them as much as their little minds could process, but I wanted them to understand.  I believe they have good Christmas memories, because we have a great extended family.

Jesus said he came to destroy the works of the enemy!  Understanding the Word is a major part of destroying the works of the enemy!  When we really understand the Word of God, we will know that I could have celebrated Christmas with the rest of the world all those years ago.  If I had known, and believed that tithing and offerings set a spiritual law in motion, and allowed God to protect and bless my finances, I would have had a "Surplus of Prosperity"(Deuteronomy 28:11, Amplified).  Don't get me wrong, I've been tithing and giving for decades, but I was inconsistent at times.  Pastor Henry Phillips of Power of Change Christian Center, in Cahokia, Illinois once said, "If you are an inconsistent giver, you will experience inconsistent returns."  Boy, was he ever right!  Seed, Time, and Harvest are real!  That's why the preacher wrote, "Be generous: Invest in acts of charity.  Charity yields high returns. Don’t hoard your goods; spread them around. Be a blessing to others. This could be your last night."(Ecclesiastes 11:1-2, Message).  If I had known not to confuse my job with my purpose, I could have stayed on any of my previous jobs, worked through the issues, and used the money they paid me as seed, to further the Kingdom of God!   If I had known that laws are predictable and you don't have to learn by experience, you can learn by listening to godly wisdom, I could have avoided the debt traps.  Even in relationships, if I had known you can never change another person...only God can do that!  If they don't love God, they don't have the slightest idea of how to love you! Jesus rebuked the people and verified there are only two families in the earth...The Family of God and the Family of the Devil!  He said, "Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It is because you are prevented from doing so!  For you are the children of your father the devil and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning and a hater of truth—there is not an iota of truth in him. When he lies, it is perfectly normal; for he is the father of liars."(John 8:43-44, Living Bible).

God wants us to understand that we are Heirs of God, and Joint Heirs with Christ.  We are supposed to stand in the position of Owners and Stewards of this earth, and our main focus is to point others to God! Our lives should be so peaceful, so Blessed, and so full that others wonder about us!  Matthew 5:16 says, "You are like that illuminating light. Let your light shine everywhere you go, that you may illumine creation, so men and women everywhere may see your good actions, may see creation at its fullest, may see your devotion to Me, and may turn and praise your Father in heaven because of it."(Voice).

Look for opportunities to shine this week!  Be extraordinary!  Get the Word on any situation you are experiencing!  Trust God!

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment