Sunday, November 11, 2018

Humble

Happy Sunday!

John 10:10 says, "The thief comes with the sole intention of stealing and killing and destroying, but I came to bring them life, and far more life than before."(Phillips).

What if I gave you my car keys.  You are free to use the car and go wherever you need to go.  You have the keys.  But you keep coming to me, crying, begging, and pleading with me to give you the keys so that you can go somewhere.  I look at you like you have lost your mind.  I already gave you the keys, and permission to go.

2 Peter 1:3 says, "By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence."(NLT).  Don't miss this!  God has given us everything we need.  We have the proverbial Keys.  We have dominion.  We have the Power to make a difference.

This year and this month have been full of tragedies.  All over social media we are "praying" for one group or another, or one state or another.  With so much prayer, why isn't anything changing?  I'm serious.  1 John 5:14-15 says, "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:  And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."(KJV).   This scripture says, "ask any thing according to his will".  It's His will for us to live in safety and not fear being gunned down in a bar.  It's His will for our homes to be safe and protected from hurricanes, and floods.  So what's missing?

Dr. Dharius Daniels has a possible answer.  He reminds us that the Word tells us the responsibility falls on the people of God.  We seem to have hit all of the necessary points except, "humbling ourselves".  2 Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."(KJV).   When we humble ourselves we acknowledge that we need help.  We can't do this life thing on our own.  We need help, and the help we need is supernatural.

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment