Sunday, December 29, 2019

20/20 Vision

Happy Sunday!

Happy New Year!

New things are exciting!  Well, new things we enjoy are exciting!  New clothes, new shoes, new true love, new friends, new places to travel, and new money are all enjoyable.  We also enjoy fresh starts, do-overs, and resets.  The New Year gives us all of these and more. 

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians, "Yet, my brothers, I do not consider myself to have “arrived”, spiritually, nor do I consider myself already perfect. But I KEEP GOING on, grasping ever more firmly that purpose for which Christ grasped me. My brothers, I do not consider myself to have fully grasped it even now. But I do CONCENTRATE on this: I LEAVE the past behind and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead I GO straight for the goal—my reward the honour of being called by God in Christ."(Philippians 3:12-14, Phillips).  Don't you just love this portion of that scripture, "with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead"?  I do!  Can't you just see yourself moving into the New Year with Faith for a prosperous future?  I can!  I hope you do too!

2020 is so catchy since we can apply it to 20/20 vision.  But I'm hoping we see what God really wants us to see.  I believe he's been showing us his vision for thousands of years.  The Apostle John told us, "The Son of God came for this: to destroy the devil’s work."(1 John 3:8b, Easy-to-Read Version).  Plain and simple, God's Plan is for us to work with Jesus to destroy the works of the enemy.  We can destroy hatred by showing love.  We can destroy lies by speaking the truth.  We can destroy ignorance by learning and sharing what we've learned with others.  We can destroy poverty by giving. 

My cousin Sonya shared a meme with us about how the 20/20 Vision sermons are about to begin.  It made me think.  I searched the bible for verses that are chapter 20, verse 20.  Out of the 66 books in the bible only 17 have a chapter 20, and verse 20.  The content in these scriptures ranges from knowing God is for you and doesn't want you to sin, not having sex with your uncle's wife, instructions for specific wars, Jonathan's method of warning David of impending danger, two disciples' mother asking for special treatment for her sons, and the Apostle Paul insisting that everything he did was profitable for the body of Christ.  I did find one I will hold on to for the New Year.  2 Chronicles 20:20b, "Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper."(KJV).

The Voice translation says is even more clearly, "Trust in the Eternal One, your True God, not in your own abilities, and you will be supported. Put your trust in His words that you heard through the prophets, and we will succeed."(2 Chronicles 20:20, Voice).

Love and prayers for a Happy and Prosperous New Year, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment