Sunday, July 12, 2020

Making Him Happy

Happy Sunday!

Hebrews 11:6 says, "But without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to PLEASE him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."(KJV).

Do you want to please God?  I mean is pleasing God your life's goal?  Please is defined as "cause to feel happy and satisfied".  Do you want to make God happy? Do you want him to be satisfied? Christians love to quip about God saying on their final day, "well done my good and faithful servant".(Matthew 25:21).  But do you wake up everyday with the goal of pleasing God in everything you do?

I know, I know.  It seems daunting unless you remember, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."(Philippians 4:13, KJV).  And it can seem impossible with out the help of the Holy Spirit.  "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."(Acts 1:8, KJV).  Jesus further encouraged us by saying, "For with God nothing shall be impossible."(Luke 1:37, KJV).

I've often said I am so blessed to be quarantined with my daughters.  We understand each other, enjoy being together, and know how to enjoy time alone in our own rooms.  There is only one disagreement.  We disagree about which Disney Princess is the best.  I've always been drawn to Cinderella.  Not only could her nickname be Cindy like mine, but I always felt our stories were intertwined.  A hard childhood, but a fabulous future...that's for me! I love Snow White because she could clean a house inhabited by 7 men.  That girl had the juice!  LOL.  My daughter, Christina loves Belle from "The Beauty and the Beast". That story will preach, as my sister Jacque always says.  It reminds us...don't disregard the lowly, don't fall for the curse, it's Ok to sacrifice your life for the one you love, it's good to be smart, reading is fundamental, and it is best to see people for more than face value.  God said, "for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."(1 Samuel 16:7, KJV).

My daughter Crystal loves all things Cinderella.  Good, bad, or indifferent she has seen and owned almost every Cinderella movie.  She has even seen the Broadway rendition when it came to Chicago. She relates to the story of redemption and hope that things will be better like Jeremiah 29:11, "“I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future."(Easy-to-Read Version).  She also loves the songs and there are days I walk past her room and hear her singing.  From the Rodger's and Hammerstein Cinderella, she loves the song, "Impossible".  If you Google it we prefer the Whitney Houston and Brandy version.  Check out these lyrics that are so appropriate for today, "But the world is full of zanies and fools; Who don’t believe in sensible rules; And won’t believe what sensible people say; And because these daft and dewy-eyed dopes; Keep building up impossible hopes
Impossible things are happening every day!"

Don't miss this!  Impossible things are happening every day!  Faith is what our dreams are made of, and having faith in God to do it is what makes Him happy.  1 Peter 5:10-11 says, "Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You’re not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It’s the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does."(Message).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment