Sunday, December 13, 2020

You Are My Son Shine

Happy Sunday!

Psalm 18:28 says, "God, all at once you turned on a floodlight for me! You are the revelation-light in my darkness, and in your brightness I can see the path ahead."(TPT).

This scripture made me think of the song, "You Are My Sunshine" written by Johnny Cash.  Can't you hear it in your head already?  "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.  You make me happy when skies are gray.  You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."   Of course, if you read the lyrics to this song it doesn't end well.  By the end of the song, his love has left him for another.  But when I sing this song, I think of Jesus...my Son Shine!  Truly He is my only sunshine, and He and His Word make me happy when skies are gray.  I know that he will never leave me.  Because He promised, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."(Hebrews 13:5 KJV).

Isaiah 9:2 says, "The people who had been living in darkness have seen a great light. The light of LIFE has shined on those who dwelt in the shadowy darkness of death."(Voice).  We know that Jesus is the Light of Life.  Isaiah goes on to prophecy, "For unto us a child is born; unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder. These will be his royal titles: “Wonderful,” “Counselor,” “The Mighty God,” “The Everlasting Father,” “The Prince of Peace.” His ever-expanding, peaceful government will never end. He will rule with perfect fairness and justice from the throne of his father David. He will bring true justice and peace to all the nations of the world. This is going to happen because the Lord of heaven’s armies has dedicated himself to do it!"(Isaiah 9:6-7 Living Bible).

Don't miss this!  Jesus specializes in shining the light that leads us, comforts us, saves us, provides for us, and heals us!  He has all of the bases covered and never misses a beat.  He comforts us when everything is shaking, and loves us with an everlasting love.  How does he comfort us?  So glad you asked!  Psalm 119:130 says, "As people understand your WORD, it brings LIGHT to their lives. Your word makes even simple people wise."(Easy-to-Read Version).  Reading, knowing, and meditating on the Word of God comforts us and reassures us.  Are your skies gray?  Go to the Word. 

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment