Sunday, September 19, 2021

Read All About It!

 Happy Sunday!

"Good news from a faraway place is like a cool drink of water when you are hot and thirsty."(Proverbs 25:25 Easy-to-Read Version.

We all like to get Good News!  Well, I hope you like to get good news!  I sure do!  When everything in the world seems to be bad, negative, and fear inducing there is always Good News in the Secret Place for the Child of God.  Jesus proclaimed, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."(John 14:27 KJV).  Don't miss this!  Jesus did not pretend that things in the world were just fine.  He did not tell us that everyday would be filled with only good and no evil.  BUT he ensured we would have everything we needed to overcome.

Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord."(Luke 4:18-19 KJV).  The Easy-to-Read Version says it this way, "The Spirit of the Lord is on me.  He has chosen me to tell good news to the poor.  He sent me to tell prisoners that they are free and to tell the blind that they can see again.  He sent me to free those who have been treated badly and to announce that the time has come for the Lord to show his kindness.”

You don't need an advanced degree to know that Good News to a poor man is the truth that you don't have to be poor anymore!  Good News to a man that is bound physically, mentally, or emotionally is the fact that you are set free!  Good News to the Blind, Lame, or Sick is that healing is yours!  In 3 John 2, the Apostle John echoed this, "My heartfelt prayer for you, my very dear friend, is that you may be as healthy and prosperous in every way you are in soul."(Phillips).  There is Good News for us today!  The Bible is full of Good News and promises made to you by our Ever Faithful God.  But there's only one way to get this Good News, you must read all about it in the Word of God.  Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."(KJV).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment