Sunday, February 20, 2022

GO

Happy Sunday!"The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense. This is the way God works, and most powerfully as it turns out. It’s written,I’ll turn conventional wisdom on its head,I’ll expose so-called experts as shams.So where can you find someone truly wise, truly educated, truly intelligent in this day and age? Hasn’t God exposed it all as pretentious nonsense? Since the world in all its fancy wisdom never had a clue when it came to knowing God, God in his wisdom took delight in using what the world considered stupid—preaching, of all things!—to bring those who trust him into the way of salvation."(1 Corinthians 1:18-21 Message).Psalm 18:30 says, "Everything God does is perfect; the promise of the Eternal rings true; He stands as a shield for all who hide in Him."(Voice). No matter what we think or how we feel, God's way is perfect.  He has a plan and His plans always succeed.  He determined that preaching would be the way that men and women would hear about the saving power of Jesus.  That's why it's so important that we tell others about Jesus.  Jesus commanded us to do it, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."(Matthew 28:19-20 KJV).Maybe, you're thinking, "I'm not a preacher!"  Sure, you may not be a part of the 5-Fold ministry: Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and Teacher.(Ephesians 4:11). BUT you are still required to tell others about Jesus.  Jesus said your life should be a daily sermon to those around you.  "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."(Matthew 5:16 KJV).  We also have the opportunity to partner with ministries that are doing the things Jesus said were important.  Remember Jesus applauded those that did the following things, "For I was hungry and you fed me; I was thirsty and you gave me water; I was a stranger and you invited me into your homes;  naked and you clothed me; sick and in prison, and you visited me."(Matthew 25:35-36 Living Bible).Let's get going!

Love and prayers, Cynthia 

No comments:

Post a Comment