Sunday, November 27, 2022

Prosper

 Happy Sunday!

"Jesus knew what they were thinking and said, “Why are you criticizing her? For she has done a good thing to me. You will always have the poor among you, but you won’t always have me."(Matthew 26:10-11 Living Bible).

Why did Jesus say there will always be poor people around?  Great question!  I'm so glad you asked!  God gave us free will.  There will be poor people because we have freedom to make our own decisions.  Proverbs 10:4 says, "Laziness leads to poverty; hard work makes you rich."(CEV).  Proverbs 21:17 says, "Those who live to party, who pursue pleasure, will end up penniless; those who enjoy lots of wine and rich food will never have money."(Voice).  Even the Apostle Paul had to remind the Believers, "For while we were yet with you, we gave you this rule and charge: If anyone will not work, neither let him eat."(2 Thessalonians 3:10 Amplified). Proverbs 21:20 says, "The wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends whatever he gets."(Living Bible).  

There will always be poor people, but you don't have to be one of the poor.  Jesus said that he came to preach "Good News to the Poor".(Luke 4:18).  What is the best news you could ever give a poor person?  That's right!  You don't have to be poor any more!  The Apostle John said, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."(3 John 2 KJV).  Don't miss this!  As your Soul (mind, will, and emotions) prospers, your entire life will prosper.  Romans 12:1-2 says, "Dear friends, God is good. So I beg you to offer your bodies to him as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing. That's the most sensible way to serve God.  Don't be like the people of this world, but let God change THE WAY YOU THINK.  Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him."(CEV).

The most important reason for you to prosper is to be able to help the poor.  Jesus said, “Then I, the King, shall say to those at my right, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, into the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world.  For I was hungry and you fed me; I was thirsty and you gave me water; I was a stranger and you invited me into your homes; naked and you clothed me; sick and in prison, and you visited me.’

“Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Sir, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you anything to drink? Or a stranger, and help you? Or naked, and clothe you? When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’

“And I, the King, will tell them, ‘When you did it to these my brothers, you were doing it to me!’(Matthew 25:34-40 Living Bible).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment