Sunday, December 11, 2022

Evil People

 Happy Sunday!

“The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things.  I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be.”(Jeremiah 17:9-10 Message).I have to admit that the last few years have opened my eyes to how "desperately wicked" humans can be.  When you live your life by Bible principles you tend to assume that others will or are doing the same.  Not so!  God inspired the Prophet Jeremiah long, long ago to tell us the Truth!  Jesus echoed this sentiment and said, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."(John 8:44 KJV).The Psalmist said, "For I was guilty from the day I was born, a sinner from the time my mother became pregnant with me."(Psalm 51:5 Voice).  When the Prophet Isaiah was brought into the presence of God, he said, "My doom is sealed, for I am a foul-mouthed sinner, a member of a sinful, foul-mouthed race; and I have looked upon the King, the Lord of heaven’s armies.”(Isaiah 6:5 Living Bible).  Because of what Adam did we were all born in sin.  BUT thank God because of what Jesus did we can be Born Again!  We can be changed from the inside out.  The Apostle Paul described it like this, "Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone UNITED with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life emerges! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins."(2 Corinthians 5:17-19 Message).Jesus is the only hope for humanity!  There are no programs, rehabs, charities, projects, medications or good deeds that can solve the problems in society.  "Jesus saith unto him, I am the WAY, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."(John 14:6 KJV).  God has offered us the Solution.  The Apostle Paul wrote, "I can say this about them: They really try hard to follow God, but they don’t know the right way.  They did not know the way that God makes people right with him. And they tried to make themselves right in their own way. So they did not accept God’s way of making people right. Christ ended the law so that everyone who believes in him is made right with God."(Romans 10:2-4 Easy-to-Read Version).I am encouraged!  I have read the end of the story!  Good wins!  Evil and evil doers are temporary.  Psalm 37:1-3 says, "Don’t get upset about evil people.  Don’t be jealous of those who do wrong. They are like grass and other green plants that dry up quickly and then die.  So trust in the Lord and do good.  Live on your land and be dependable."(Easy-to-Read Version).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment