Sunday, January 22, 2023

My Shepherd

 Happy Sunday!

"Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need! He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors him the most. Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way. You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as your guest; blessings overflow! Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home."(Psalm 23 Living Bible).I love this psalm in any translation!  What beautiful declarations, and statements of faith!  Don't miss any of them!  David had the task of keeping his fathers sheep.  It wasn't a glamorous job but it taught him so much about our Father God.  As a shepherd he protected the sheep from predators.  He led them to grassy areas so that they had food to eat.  He knew they were fearful so he found peaceful rivers and streams for them to drink from and be refreshed.There were no sheep on anxiety medications.  They had nothing to worry about.  They didn't wake up in the morning and have to struggle to find there own "green pastures".  When danger was all around them, they didn't have to fear.  What does this have to do with us?  Great question.  I'm so glad you asked.  Our God is "the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."(Hebrews 13:8 KJV).  He is always faithful, always good, and always with us!  Our job is to know Him, and trust Him.   We know Him by getting to know His Word.When you know the Word, you know God's character.  When you know what He will do, and what He won't do you can live like those sheep...peacefully!Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment