Happy Sunday!
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being CONFIDENT of this very thing, that HE which hath begun a GOOD work IN you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"(Philippians 1:3-6 KJV).
Confident. Certain. Sure. These are the words used in various translations of this scripture passage. The Apostle Paul was writing to the Church in Philippi and he began with encouragement. It's wonderful to know that someone remembers you and is praying for you. Well, at least it is for me. I remember a song was popular in churches for a while. The lyrics said, "Somebody prayed for me, had me on their mind, took the time to pray for me. I'm so glad they prayed, I'm so glad they prayed, I'm so glad they prayed for me!"
The Apostle Paul didn't bellyache about what he was going through. He wanted the Believers to know that all of the adversity didn't stop the ministry, it actually caused it to grow. He wrote, "I want to report to you, friends, that my imprisonment here has had the opposite of its intended effect. Instead of being squelched, the Message has actually PROSPERED. All the soldiers here, and everyone else, too, found out that I’m in jail because of this Messiah. That piqued their curiosity, and now they’ve learned all about HIM. Not only that, but most of the followers of Jesus here have become far more sure of themselves in the faith than ever, speaking out fearlessly about God, about the Messiah."(Philippians 1:12-14 Message).
Don't miss this! Your example and your testimony are enough to strengthen others! When they see the obstacles, you made it through, they can believe that they can make it as well. Psalm 27:13 says, "I will move past my enemies with this one, sure hope: that with my own eyes, I will see the goodness of the Eternal in the LAND of the LIVING."(Voice).
Love and PRAYERS, Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment