Happy Sunday!
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."(Matthew 28:19-20 KJV).
I heard the word, "Obligatory" used in a message today. Perhaps, I'd heard it before, but I couldn't recall it. I looked it up quickly, as if to say, "Is that really a word?" YES, it is. It's defined as, "required by a legal, moral, or other rule; compulsory:"(Merriam-Webster). Then I wanted to know what things might be obligatory for us Christians. In the Old Testament the Ten Commandments stood out, and in the New Testament we are commanded to Love, and to tell others that God loves them too.
It made me think of the Andre Crouch song entitled, "Tell Them". The first stanzas say, "Tell them. Even if they don't believe you. Just tell them. Even if they don't receive you. Oh, tell them for me. Tell them for me please. Please, tell them for me. Tell them that I love them, and I came to let them know. Tell them. When it seems, you are forsaken. Just tell them. Though it seems you are earthly shaken. Oh, tell them for me. Tell them for me please. Please, tell them for me. Tell them that I love them."
In John 15:13, Jesus says, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."(KJV). LOVE is an action word! Knowing what a great gift we have received should motivate us to share the Good News with others! Sure, some won't want to hear it, and some won't believe you. BUT tell them anyway. 2 Timothy 4:2 says, "Tell EVERYONE God’s message. Be ready at all times to do whatever is needed. Tell people what they need to do, tell them when they are doing wrong, and encourage them. Do this with great patience and careful teaching."(ERV).
Love and prayers, Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment