Monday, November 17, 2014

Days

Happy Sunday!

Bishop Alexis A. Thomas preached from Psalm 90:12 today.  Psalm 90:12 says, "Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should."

He'd prepared another sermon but was touched by the tragic passing of Dr. Myles Munroe and the other passengers on the flight in the Bahamas last Sunday.  I have also enjoyed and been blessed by Dr. Munroe's ministry throughout the years.  I pray that you had an opportunity to experience his ministry or read his books and I'm so thankful that technology will allow us to continue to benefit from his ministry for many more years.

Bishop took time to teach us and remind us that this life is not going to be "a flowery bed of ease". The songwriter wrote, "Tragedies are commonplace, all kinds of diseases, people are slipping away. Economies down, people can't get enough pay. As for me, all I can say is...Thank you, Lord for all you've done for me!"  Life is hard, but God is good! Life is not fair, but God is just!  Things happen in life that are inexplicable, and inconsolable.  Bad things are happening to good people, and bad people as well!  In Luke 6:47-49, Jesus described a wise man that built his house on a rock and the foolish man that built his house on the sand.  Both men experienced the same storm, "the river burst its banks and crashed against the house."  But the wise man's house remained standing even after the tragedy.

Don't get it twisted, God is not interested in creating fear!  2 Timothy 1:7 says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (King James Version) Only the devil wants to give you a spirit of fear!  God wants you to be so rooted and grounded in the Word that when troubles come you are able to stand and endure!  God wants you to be confident of your final destination when you leave this physical life.  God wants you to appreciate all that he has done for you and realize you are truly blessed.

One of my customers, told me he was a Christian.  He asked if I was and said he looked forward to seeing me in heaven.  I assured him he will see me there!  I'm not planning on going anytime soon, but I'm sure I'm going!  Like David, I'm expecting to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Psalm 27:13 says, "I will move past my enemies with this one, sure hope: that with my own eyes, I will see the goodness of the Eternal in the land of the living." (Voice)

Numbering my days, love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment