Sunday, January 28, 2018

Destiny?

Happy Sunday!

You can forfeit, abandon, and go to the grave without having seen what God saw, and intended for your life. - Dr. Matthew L. Stevenson III

You may want to read that again, and again.  Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us that God has a good plan us, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."(KJV).   How will I know what that good plan is? Great question!  I'm so glad you asked!  Jeremiah 29:13 gives us the answer, "You will find me when you seek me, if you look for me in earnest."(Living Bible).   When we earnestly seek the Lord, he will give us the instructions, directions, and steps to live out the good plan he has for us. 

I live on the South Side of Chicago.  In order to get a Green Line Train going North toward the city center, I must go to the Green Line Station near me.  My intended destination could be the Magnificent Mile.  I could really want to get there, even know that it's God's will for me to get there, but never get there unless I leave my home, and make my way to the right station, and move in the right direction.  It sounds so simple, but for some reason the enemy has convinced us that this does not apply in the things of the Spirit.  I told you that my prayer for you is that you would always be in the right place, at the right time, with the right information, and the right understanding.   It's my prayer, but you have the power.   God blessed us with free will.  He didn't want to force us to love him, so he gave us the option to choose.  We get to choose Life or Death, Blessing or Curses, and Success or Failure.  He's a good, good father and He's the best educator.  He gave the test, but provided the answer..."I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore CHOOSE LIFE, that both thou and thy seed may live:"(Deuteronomy 30:19, KJV).

Dr. Bill Winston continued his series, "Christ in You" with the subtitle, "The Greater Works".   He said, "You will never rise any higher than what you are willing to confess".   Don't miss this!   Mark 11:23 says, "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he SAITH."(KJV).   Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."(KJV).  Another translation of this scripture says, "Those who love to talk will suffer the consequences. Men have died for saying the wrong thing!"(Living Bible).  OUCH!  Our words have creative power, we are made in the image of God.  We must speak good things, if we want good things to happen.  Matthew 12:35 says, "A good man’s speech reveals the rich treasures within him. An evil-hearted man is filled with venom, and his speech reveals it."(Living Bible).  Part of living out the good plan God has for our lives is obedience.  When we obey, all the pieces of this puzzle called life will begin to fit.

Dr. Winston encouraged us to Expect Miracles.  The Hebrew definition of expectation includes this description..."the stretching forth of the head toward an object that is anticipated".   Hebrews 11:1 says, "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead."(Living Bible).  It reminded me of waiting for a train, and leaning out a bit toward the track to see if it is getting closer.   Your movement and progress in life are greatly dependent on being in the right place, at the right time, with the right information, and the right understanding.  Are you at the right station in order to get your Destiny train?

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment