Sunday, January 7, 2018

Soundtrack

Happy Sunday!

I believe there is a soundtrack to our lives.  We often laugh at home and work when things happen and we are automatically able to think of a song that fits the situation.  You may do it as well.  Marketing experts take advantage of our connection to music.  Every time I ask a customer, "How long has this been going on?", I hear the 1974 song by Ace in my mind.   This week at work,  something happened and I automatically said, "Red and Yellow, Black and White".   One co-worker caught on, laughed and quoted the chorus of this old song.   Another much younger co-worker looked at us with a blank stare.  I said, "You've never heard this song?"   I was flabbergasted!  It hadn't crossed my mind in a very long time, that there are really people in our lives, in our world, and in our sphere of influence that know nothing about Jesus, God, Church, or organized Religion.

Do you know this song?  When I thought about why I know it, I was thankful to remember my upbringing.  I was Blessed to be reared in a Christian Home with Bible Reading, Bible Studying, and Bible Believing parents.  We attended church regularly.  My Daddy is still a deacon at First Baptist Church of Chesterfield in Chesterfield, Missouri.  As a child, we were generally the first to arrive, and the last to leave the church.  We attended Sunday School, we attended Vacation Bible School, and we memorized Christmas and Easter speeches that would overwhelm the average child today.   I bet you are waiting for the name of the song?  LOL!  Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world!  Red and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in his sight.  Jesus loves the little children of the world.   Songs like this were easy ways to minister the Gospel to children.

Today during Praise and Worship in Children's Church, I thought about how blessed these children are and what an awesome responsibility we have to minister to them.  Their parents are allowing them to become familiar with the things of God.  They are familiar with the Word, Worship, and Giving.  Who knows what they will experience in this life?  We may not, but God knows.  Isaiah 46:9-10 says, "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"(KJV).  Don't miss this!  God declares the END from the beginning.  Jeremiah 29:11 echoes this same truth, "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."(Living Bible).

God has a plan for the entire world!  John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."(KJV).  God wants everyone to enjoy an abundant life.  That's why he commanded us to GO!   Matthew 28:19-20 says, "Therefore go and make disciples in all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and then teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you; and be sure of this—that I am with you always, even to the end of the world."(Living Bible).  What will I do for those around me daily?  I can't give them a crash course in Child Evangelism or all the things I learned over the years.  But the I can live my life in front of them in a manner that glorifies God.  Matthew 5:16 says, "Let your LIGHT so shine before men, that they may SEE your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."(KJV).   The world needs to see God alive in you!  When the world sees Jesus living through you, they will come like the jailer and say, "What must I do to be saved?”(Acts 16:30, Easy-to-Read Version).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment