Sunday, July 8, 2018

Boarding Pass

Happy Sunday!

Psalm 34:1 says, "I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."(KJV).   Another translations says, "I will praise the Eternal in every moment through every situation.  Whenever I speak, my words will always praise Him."(Voice).  Take a moment to let that sink in....

No matter what happens, praise should be our response.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still working on this myself.  There are times when it's hard to find a positive perspective, and even harder to find positive words.  But we never go wrong with praise.  We never go wrong using our breath to praise our creator, and our father.  Maybe that's why we are encouraged to, "Call things that are not as though they are". (Romans 4:17, KJV).

I recently traveled on Spirit Airlines.  They are the bargain airline.  Everything costs extra.  They even charge $10.00 to print out a boarding pass for you. So it's best to print it out in advance.  At a funeral this weekend, I was reminded of the boarding pass and the process, and preparation required to make your flight with no extra problems, or anxiety.  I could hear the old song in my head, "Get on board, little children!  Get on board, little children!  Get on board, little children...there's room for many or more".   After fulfilling our purpose, spending eternity with God is our goal, and there is a prescribed way to ensure that we will make it.  We can print our boarding pass out in advance, and never worry about making our flight when the time comes.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 says, "Now we don’t want you, my brothers, to be in any doubt about those who “fall asleep” in death, or to grieve over them like men who have no hope. After all, if we BELIEVE that Jesus died and rose again from death, then we can BELIEVE that God will just as surely bring with Jesus all who are “asleep” in him. Here we have a definite message from the Lord. It is that those who are still living when he comes will not in any way precede those who have previously fallen asleep. One word of command, one shout from the archangel, one blast from the trumpet of God and the Lord himself will come down from Heaven! Those who have died in Christ will be the first to rise, and then we who are still living on the earth will be swept up with them into the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And after that we shall be with him for ever.  God has given me this message on the matter, so by all means use it to encourage one another."(Phillips).

Another thought that crossed my mind this weekend, "You live your Eulogy".   People can lie about who you really were, but they really do know who you are.  Our lives speak volumes.

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment