Sunday, June 12, 2022

My Enemies Flee!

 Happy Sunday!

"The VERY DAY I call for help, the tide of battle turns. My enemies flee! This one thing I know: God is for me!"(Psalm 56:9 Living Bible).God is for me!  God is for you too!  That's Good News!  If you read this entire Psalm you can see that the Psalmist had been through some difficulties.  In verse 1 he says, "Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me."(KJV).  And in verses 5-6 he elaborates on what is happening. "My enemies are always twisting my words. They are always making plans against me. They hide together and watch every move I make,hoping for some way to kill me."(Easy-to-Read Version).Thankfully, he trusts God.  And he verifies it in verses 3-4, he says, "But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting him, what can mere man do to me?"(Living Bible).  The Apostle Paul echoes this in Romans 8:31(b), "If God be for us, who can be against us?"(KJV).  Don't miss this!  When God is for you absolutely no one can successfully be against you!What's our job?  So glad you asked.  Hosea 4:6 says, "My people are ruined because they don’t know what’s right or true."(Message).  Jesus prayed, "Make them pure and holy through teaching them your words of truth."(John 17:17 Living Bible).  2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All of Scripture is God-breathed; in its inspired voice, we hear useful teaching, rebuke, correction, instruction, and training for a life that is right so that God’s people may be up to the task ahead and have all they need to accomplish every good work."(Voice)  Our job is to ingest the Word of God!  Get to know it intimately.  Dive in and find the precious promises.  Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God so make sure you are hearing the Word!(Romans 10:17)Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment