Sunday, July 17, 2022

NO Anxiety

 Happy Sunday!

"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God."(Philippians 4:6 Amplified).It would be unjust for God to require us to do something that we were incapable of doing.  He never commands us to do anything we can't do.  Think about this.  Jesus said, “You’re familiar with the old written law, ‘Love your friend,’ and its unwritten companion, ‘Hate your enemy.’ I’m challenging that. I’m telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the supple moves of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best—the sun to warm and the rain to nourish—to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that."(Matthew 5:43-47 Message).  It must be possible if the Word says so.Proverbs 12:25 says, "Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, but an encouraging word makes it glad."(Amplified).  The Bible is God's Word to you. The Psalmist said, "Your word is like a lamp that guides my steps, a light that shows the path I should take."(Psalm 119:105 Easy-to-Read Version).  The Apostle Paul said, "I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want. I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency]."(Philippians 4:12-13 Amplified).God loves you and he has given you His love, His strength, and His promise that you can live this life without anxiety. Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment