Sunday, March 5, 2023

Evident Love

 Happy Sunday!

"The test of the genuineness of our love for God’s family lies in this question—do we love God himself and do we OBEY his commands? For loving God means obeying his commands, and these commands of his are not burdensome, for God’s “heredity” within us will always conquer the world outside us. In fact, this faith of ours is the only way in which the world has been conquered. For who could ever be said to conquer the world, in the true sense, except the man who really believes that Jesus is God’s Son?"(1 John 5:2-5 Phillips).The world says, "Put up, or shut up?" and "Put your money where your mouth is!".  Both of these meaning that there should be some evidence to what we proclaim.  The Apostle John is echoing what he heard Jesus say years earlier, "The one who obeys me is the one who loves me; and because he loves me, my Father will love him; and I will too, and I will reveal myself to him.”(John 14:21 Living Bible).When we really believe that Jesus is God's son it will be undeniable.  Acts 4:13 says, "Now when they saw the BOLDNESS of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had BEEN WITH JESUS.(KJV).  Malachi 3:17-18 is God's response to those who argue that it doesn't matter how we live.  It's almost as if He is saying, "Wait for It!"  Even if you can't see it now, everyone will see it one day.  "Then the Lord All-Powerful said: You people are precious to me, and when I come to bring justice, I will protect you, just as parents protect an obedient child. Then everyone will once again see the difference between those who OBEY me by doing right and those who reject me by doing wrong."(Malachi 3:17-18 CEV).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment