Sunday, March 12, 2023

Winning Souls

 Happy Sunday!

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise."(Proverbs 11:30 KJV).People are quick to say, "You can't take it with you!"  But there is one thing we can take with us, other people.  Soul winning is our God given responsibility. While Peter was still overwhelmed by the net breaking, boat sinking catch of fish he got after following Jesus' instructions, Jesus said, "Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men."(Mark 1:17 KJV).The Easy-to-Read Version of Proverbs 11:30b says, "Those who are wise give NEW LIFE to others."  Don't miss this!  We are Blessed to be a Blessing and that means giving new life to others.  Bringing Joy.  Spreading Kindness.  Telling The Good News!  Jesus is our example!  He said, "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the suffering and afflicted. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted, to announce liberty to captives, and to open the eyes of the blind. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of God’s favor to them has come, and the day of his wrath to their enemies."(Isaiah 61:1-2 Living Bible).2 Peter 3:9 says God is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance"(KJV).  God wants everyone to be saved, and to spend eternity with Him.  Sadly, we know that everyone will not choose Jesus.  BUT we still need to make every effort to tell everyone we can.  Andre Crouch sang, "Tell them.Even if they don't believe you. Just tell them. Even if they don't receive you. Oh, tell them for me. Tell them for me please.Please, tell them for me. Tell them that I LOVE them. And I came to let them know".Jesus Loves You.  That's Good News!  Good enough to share!Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment