Sunday, July 2, 2023

3 Things in Hell...

 Happy Sunday!

"Don't be afraid of people. They can kill you, but they cannot harm your soul. Instead, you should fear God who can destroy both your body and your soul in HELL."(Matthew 10:28 CEV).I watched a great sermon last week on YouTube entitled, "3 Things In Hell That Should Be In Every Church" by Evangelist Tiff Shuttlesworth.  The title was enough to peak my interest.  What in Hell could we possibly want or expect to see in church?  Great Question!  I'm so glad you asked.Luke 16:24 says, "And he CRIED out and said, Father Abraham, have pity and mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame."(Amplified).  The first thing in Hell that should be in every church are TEARS.  I'm a cry baby.  I keep paper towels with me at church.  Just today I cried when we sang, "God Bless America"!  There should be tears in church.  Tears of repentance, tears of humility, tears of brokenness, and also tears of joy.  Tears should be the norm in our churches.  If we have these tears in our churches we will not lift up our eyes in Hell, "where people will cry and grind their teeth with pain.”(Matthew 8:12 Easy-to-Read Version).The second thing in Hell that should be in every church is PRAYER.  Perhaps, you remember that churches used to have Prayer Meetings each week.  When I was growing up in church, the Deacons would take their time in prayer to start every service.   Luke 16:27-28 says, "Then he said, I PRAY thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment."(KJV).  The rich man prayed in Hell. Don't wait to pray when there is an emergency!  Pray regularly!  Stay ready, and you won't have to get ready!  Remember, "The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results."(James 5:16 Living Bible).The third thing that is in Hell that should be in every church is a PASSION for the LOST.  The rich man begged Father Abraham to send someone back to warn his five brothers.  He found out that Hell is a real place, and he loved his brothers enough to want to keep them from coming there.  We should do everything in our power to keep people from ending up in Hell.  We should tell those we love that Jesus paid the price for our sins and made a way for us to spend eternity in Heaven.  John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."(KJV).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment