Sunday, June 2, 2024

The Right Time Is NOW

 Happy Sunday!

"As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then IGNORE it. For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.”  Indeed, the “right time” is NOW. Today is the day of salvation."(2 Corinthians 6:1-2 NLT).

I've heard parents lament about seeing their children playing with an empty box or carton while the expensive Christmas Gift sits nearby untouched. What must our Heavenly Father think and feel to see us broke, busted, and disgusted when He "generously gives us everything for our enjoyment"?(1 Timothy 6:17 Phillips).  Hosea 4:6 says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:"(KJV).  Don't miss this!  Ignorant people say, "What you don't know can't hurt you".  BUT what you don't know can actually kill you!

The Psalmist said, "I gain understanding from your instructions, so I hate anything that leads people the wrong way. Your WORD is like a lamp that guides my steps, a light that shows the path I should take. Your LAWS are good and fair.  I have promised to obey them, and I will keep my promise."(Psalm 119:104 ERV).  

A commentary on Proverbs 3:13 says this, "God knows well what He is doing. He has established rewards for living wisely: A happy, long life. A good reputation. Guidance when you need it most. Health. Success. Even, dare we say, fatherly discipline. These are just a few of the benefits accompanying God’s wisdom."(Voice).  Proverbs 3:13 says, "Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is the man who finds skillful and godly Wisdom, and the man who gets understanding [drawing it forth from God’s WORD and life’s experiences],"(Amplified Classic).

Don't ignore God's Gift!  Open the Bible and "Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth."(2 Timothy 2:15 Amplified Classic).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment