Sunday, August 4, 2024

CALL ME

 Happy Sunday!

“This is God’s Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: ‘CALL to me and I WILL answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own."(Jeremiah 33:2-3 Message).

The Ghostbuster's theme song from 1984 sung by Ray Parker Jr. asked us all, "Who you gonna call?"  When things get strange, and life get's hard and you have more questions than answers, call on the Lord!  Jesus didn't leave us alone or helpless.  He said, "But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will TEACH you ALL things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) EVERYTHING I have told you."(John 14:26 Amplified).

Jesus said, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that WILL I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask ANY THING in my name, I will do it."(John 14:13-14 KJV). 

The Apostle John echoed this in 1 John 5:13-15, "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the NAME of the Son of God.  And this is the CONFIDENCE that we have in him, that, if we ASK any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we KNOW that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."(KJV).

Malachi 3:10 says, "“Try it! Let me prove it to you!"(Living Bible).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment