Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Force of Focus

Happy Sunday!

It's been a while since I typed a Happy Sunday message. Sorry, that I haven't been sharing. But today is a beautiful day and I'm excited about what God is doing in our lives.

Pastor Randy's sermon today was titled "The Force of Focus".

Basically it was a reminder that if we focus on the promises of God rather than the circumstances, keep moving toward a goal, and follow examples of success set by others we can live in peace.

Hebrews 11:1-2, we love to quote it but are we really listening to it?

Hebrews 11:1-2 (Message Translation) - The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.

Many times we say, "I'm waiting on the Lord", but could it be that the LORD is waiting on you?  Could he be waiting for you to pray believing?  Could he be waiting on you to drop the FEAR and pick up your faith?

F = False
E = Evidence
A = Appearing
R = Real

Faith requires patience.  Three enemies of faith are 1) Waiting, 2) Deception and 3) Lack of Identity.

We have to remember change takes time.  We have to close our ears to the lies of the enemy.  Your enemy wants you to believe that things will never change, that you will never succeed, that you will never see your dream as reality.  But you have to fight back.  STAY FOCUSED!  God is not a man that he should lie.  If he said it, that settles it!  And you must know who you are.  Our world is so full of individuals who have no idea who they are.  That's why they allow others to tell them who they are.  You have to know that your are a unique creation of an awesome and infinite GOD.  He knew you even when you were in your mother's womb.

Psalms 139:14 (Message Translation)


  Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb.

   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day.

You choose whether to be an Optimist or a Pessimist.  Both of these types will get exactly what they expect.  SO expect good things, expect GOD to do awesome things in your life.  Expect the best.

Quotes:

If you can change your focus, you can change your failures.

What's important to you will always get your attention.

You will never go after IT, until you know what IT is!

Life has no time for indecisiveness.

Shortcuts are an enemy to focus.

Receiving is based on your ability to ask.


I love you and hope you can get something out of this.  I did.  I'm expecting some things from the Lord.  Waiting is hard.  But faith pays off in the end.  Have an awesome week. 

Love, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment