Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Power of Positive Passion

Hello,

I'm here at the computer, attempting to block out the sounds of the Whiz Bang Parade (
http://www.whizbangdays.com/) going on in the street.  I have read pages and pages of my psychology homework and now I need a break.

Pastor Randy is still working on his series, "The Power of Positive Passion".  So I'll share it with you.

Basically he was encouraging us to be passionate about everything we do.  As he always says, "If you don't die, you are going to live".  What type life do you want?  What are you willing to do to make your life happen?
 
Don't let age stop you!  Caleb reported that he was still as ready to go into the promise land 45 years later. Joshua 14:10-11, 10 "Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! 11: I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then.

Ironically my psychology homework is about age and development.  You don't have to decrease as you age increases!  You can continue to learn and grow. 
Don't take things for granted.  If you don't use it you will lose it.  Subjects in many experiments who remain active and engaged in life do better. (http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/physicalactivity/)

Keep a hunger for service and don't wait for others to validate you. 
You must have a purpose beyond yourself.  Don't be passive and non-supportive.  Get involved.  Revelations 3:15, (The Message Translation) 15-17 "I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot—far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit. You brag, 'I'm rich, I've got it made, I need nothing from anyone,' oblivious that in fact you're a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless". 

 
There are four steps of life;

Learning Years

Earning Years

Giving Years

Delighting Years
 
The worst thing in life is not death, but regret.  Just like the woman at the well, she heard something so good she couldn't wait to share it with others. John 4:28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ[b]?" 30They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

God knows what you can do...believe HIM! Jeremiah 29:11, I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

I apologize if my notes seem scattered.  I just hope you get the jist of it.  Be passionate about life, service, relationships.  Start right now creating the life you want.

Love, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment