Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chosen

Happy Sunday!

I love Sunday!  
I can get up and move at my own pace, I watch Sunday Morning(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/sunday/main3445.shtml), and then go to church!  And of course I love to dress up! Don't we all?

I cried this morning watching the reports from Haiti.  It wasn't just a cry about the current events, but about the history.  I think I cried for all the down trodden masses of people in the world, especially people of color.  We have come so far, but we have so much further to go.  It's so good that we are mobilized to help Haiti, but Haiti has needed our help for so long.

Bishop preached again about being chosen and I'm glad he did. Throughout the week, I'd forgotten that I am chosen.  I forgot as I dealt with unhappy customers at work, I forgot when I looked at my funds and my bills and realized they are not equal.  I forgot when I was reminded of a sad event from the past.

But this week I vow to remember!  I vow to be grateful and appreciative!  I vow to pray for people in Haiti, and all other countries. I vow to stay positive and I will not complain!  I'm reading, "A Complaint Free Week" by Will Bowen.  He started a movement  with his congregation.  You can google it or check the book out for yourself.  

Have an awesome week!  Remember you are CHOSEN!

Philippians 2:14-16 (The Message)


Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night so I'll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You'll be living proof that I didn't go to all this work for nothing.


Love and prayers for you and for Haiti!
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment