Sunday, June 25, 2017

Are You Thirsty?

Happy Sunday!

Isaiah 44:3 says, "For I will pour water upon him that is THIRSTY, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:"(KJV).  Don't miss this!  God will pour water on ground that is thirsty.  Water represents the Word of God, and man was formed from the dust or earth.  God will hydrate you when you are thirsty for the Word.  I know that in popular culture, being "thirsty" is not seen in a positive light.  In the Urban Dictionary, "thirsty" is defined as being too eager to get something.  Don't let popular culture cause you to miss your Blessing!   In Psalm 42:1 the psalmist says, "My soul is dry and thirsts for You, True God, as a deer thirsts for water."(Voice).  Another translation of this scripture says, "A white-tailed deer drinks from the creek; I want to drink God, deep draughts of God. I’m thirsty for God-alive. I wonder, “Will I ever make it—arrive and drink in God’s presence?”  I’m on a diet of tears—tears for breakfast, tears for supper.  All day long people knock at my door, Pestering, “Where is this God of yours?”(vs 1-3, Message).  

1 Kings 17:8-16 is a familiar passage, but it always provides fresh revelation.   Jesus said in Luke 4:24, "No prophet is accepted in his own country."(KJV).  This passage in 1 Kings proves that the prophet did not go to a widow in Israel, and there may have been many needy widows during the drought and the famine.  He went to a widow in Zarephath.  In verse 9, God tells the prophet, "I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee."(KJV).  She had already been told what to do.  But her obedience had to overcome her fear.  Think of how she must have felt contemplating making this last meal and then starving to death, she and her son.  Dr. Bill Winston said, "The biggest miracle is believing the Man of God!"   The widow had to trust that what the Lord said, and verified through the prophet was true.  She had to be willing to take her eyes off the present circumstance and trust God.  

Lets go back to Isaiah 44:3, in another translation it says..."Like a devoted gardener, I will pour sweet water on parched land, streams on hard-packed ground;  I will pour My spirit on your children and grandchildren—and let My blessing flow to your descendants."(Voice).  Recently, I was admiring a picture posted on Facebook.  It was a bowl of fresh string beans from my cousin's garden.  They looked so sweet and delicious!  When she planted her garden, if she used seeds...the seed packet did not show a picture of the seed. The packet showed the final product.  The packet was a vision, or a visual representation of what she could expect over time.  Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."(KJV).  Faith is our seed packet.  When we see the promises of God, we plant them in our hearts and can expect that in time we will get the exact harvest we desire.  With God there is always a guaranteed return on our seeds planted!  Galatians 6:7 says, "What you give is what you get. What you sow, you harvest."(Voice).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment