Sunday, June 11, 2017

Wisdom over Miracles

Happy Sunday!

God prefers wisdom over miracles!  Now, don't worry...if you need a miracle God is a miracle working God!  But needing a miracles signifies that there is a crisis of some sort!   Living in wisdom, and making good choices is always the best way to live life!  Proverbs 22:6-7 are generally quoted and memorized separately.  Do you realized the Bible was not originally written in chapter, and verse?  The thought from verse 6, carries over into verse 7.  It says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.  The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."(KJV).   When you read them together, you see the reason to train up your child right.  Who wants their child to be a slave to debt? Or ruled over by lenders?

The ultimate goal in my parenting was to see my children live a better life than I have lived!  I want them to learn from my mistakes, and not suffer in the same areas that I have.  Now, I'm not claiming to be a perfect parent.  I have not always known what I know now!  If I had known the Truth, I would certainly have saved my children from more of life's heartaches.  God is our father!  He's a good father!  In Luke 11:13, Jesus said..."Look, all of you are flawed in so many ways, yet in spite of all your faults, you know how to give good gifts to your children. How much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to all who ask!"(Voice).  

God wants to train you in the way that you should go as well.  He wants the best life for you.  He hates to see you living below the standards of your heavenly family.  There is no fear, pain, sickness, or poverty in heaven.  Revelation 21:4 says, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."(KJV).  Don't miss this!  When the disciples saw John the Baptist's disciples praying, they asked Jesus to teach them to pray!  What did they pray?  You know it, I know you do!  Matthew 6:10 says, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."(KJV).  We are to pray that God's will be done on earth just like it is in heaven.  Heaven on Earth!  It may take a while for that to soak in...but God is not unjust.  He wants you to enjoy this life, and live it to the fullest!  He wants you to be all that he created you to be, so that you can destroy the works of the devil and make this earth resemble heaven.

One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 27:13.  The Psalmist said, "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."(KJV).  This scripture has encouraged me and given hope when patience has been necessary.  Another translation of this verse says, "I will move past my enemies with this one, sure hope:  that with my own eyes, I will see the goodness of the Eternal in the land of the living."(Voice).  I believe and receive this for myself, and my children.  Even if it happens to be my spiritual children, or "play children" as we used to say.  I expect to train them up in the "way" that they should go, and I expect them to be wise and prosperous in every area of life.("I am the way, the truth, and the life." -John 14:6, KJV)

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment