Sunday, January 19, 2020

Everything

Happy Sunday!

John 10:10 says, "A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came so that my sheep will have life and so that they will have EVERYTHING they need."(GOD’S WORD Translation).

2 Corinthians 9:8 says, "God is able to make it up to you by giving you EVERYTHING you need and more so that there will not only be enough for your own needs but plenty left over to give joyfully to others."(Living Bible).

Philippians 4:19 says, "You can be sure that God will take care of EVERYTHING you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus."(Message).

There definitely is a theme here.  EVERYTHING we could ever need has been provided by our Heavenly Father.  Not just to satisfy our needs but to assist with the needs of others.

It's very cold in Chicago this week. Some of the homeless people move to the "L" and the subways for warmth. The Red Line and the Blue Line, that goes to O'Hare International Airport, run 24/7. The smells can be overwhelming and overpowering. There are bodies that haven't been bathed and clothes that haven't been washed in long periods of time. What can you do? Sure, if and when possible, you can choose another method or mode of transportation. But are you familiar with the traffic in Chicago? Using the trains and buses can preserve your sanity. While thousands fight traffic in their cars, I'm reading a book, or listening to preaching or music on the train.

It is a reminder that there are less fortunate people in our communities. It reminds us just how blessed we are. When I'm washing several loads of clothes, and placing them in our closets and drawers, I am so thankful that God has provided for us. When I enjoy a long hot shower, or a soothing soak in the bath, I'm so appreciative. When I commute to work, I am grateful that I have a job to go to, and it's a good job with excellent benefits. When I go to church, the grocery store, or the movies, I understand that for some this is only a dream.

I am a tither and a giver. I believe as the Word says, "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."(Luke 6:38, KJV). I give to ministries that are working with the homeless and less fortunate. I listen to the Holy Spirit, but most times I'm not pulling out money for every beggar on the street. Wisdom is key in any city, especially a bustling city like Chicago.

Ok, I feel like I've been rambling. God has supplied EVERYTHING I need and I'm so glad. Remember the old song, "He woke me up this morning and I'm glad! I'm glad about it! I'm so glad to be here!"

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment