Monday, January 13, 2020

Seasons

Happy Sunday, on Monday!

I awoke at 2:24 am today and realized I forgot to write and share a Happy Sunday for January 12, 2020.  I worked overtime on my off day yesterday. I'm working on that resolution to be debt free.  Arriving home sometime after 10:30 pm, taking my vitamins and supplements, drinking a tall glass of water, talking to my daughter Christina for a bit, and setting my alarm for my 5:00 am Spin Class, I watched a few YouTube episodes of "Living Big in A Tiny Home" and fell asleep.

Now I'm fully awake. I can't go back to sleep.  I worried about my readers, then thought, "How many do I really have anyway? Will anyone miss Happy Sunday?  Or do they just file them in a folder to possibly read later, or do they feel like its somehow sacrilegious to just delete them?"  Anyway, I do have some very important people that I know are reading regularly, and they let me know they are out there.  I appreciate you so very much.  Thanks for encouraging me over the years!  I apologize for this late edition.

On my way to work I caught a good portion of  8 am message by Dr. Matthew L. Stevenson III.  He shed beautiful light on Ecclesiastes 3.  It amazes me how fresh the Word of God is.  There is always some new insight to be gained.  You know this chapter well.  It reminds us that there is a time for everything, whether we like it or not.  It's important to understand the time or season we are in personally.  Spiritually, financially, emotionally, and physically there are seasons.
We are not all in the same season at the same time.  Know your season.  The farmer doesn't go out into the snow looking for the harvest.  He understands winter is the time for the earth to rest, but spring will come and it will be time to plant again in anticipation of growth and then harvest. Know your season. Selah.

The fresh perspectives on this scripture passage made me think of the poem by James Weldon Johnson, "Lift Every Voice and Sing".
One stanza says, "God of our weary years,
God of our silent tears,
Thou who has brought us thus far on the way;
Thou who has by Thy might Led us into the light,
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;".

That's the part right there!  "Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;"  We've seen and heard these scriptures so much but do we still value them as the Word of God?  Do we understand that these words are spirit and life?(John 6:63).  The Bible is not just a book!  It's a life manual that is tried, true, and tested.  Don't forget!

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment