Sunday, January 26, 2020

Kobe Bryant

Happy Sunday!

Ecclesiastes 7:2 says, "You learn more at a funeral than at a feast—After all, that’s where we’ll end up. We might discover something from it."(Message).

I can't say I'm a Kobe Bryant fan, I've never really been into sports even when I played basketball at East Saint Louis Senior High School.  I only did that because my mother wanted me to, and the coach wanted to take advantage of a tall girl playing center.  "Just keep your hands up!", he'd say.  I can identify major players in most sports and any that have had run-ins with the law since the media will be sure to identify them for you.

But it shocked me today to hear of this tragedy because I'd just been listening to Dr. Caroline Leaf's podcast.  Her guest was Jordan Harbinger.  Jordan is an American radio personality, podcaster, voice actor, journalist, lawyer and businessman.  He and Dr. Leaf discussed "Decoding the Mindsets of Most Successful People".  They talked at length about his interview with Kobe Bryant.  What are the chances that I would hear this podcast this week?  I know that like the scripture above, there is something to be learned from all this.

What did I learn?  So glad you asked!  Successful people are not afraid to think.  Successful people are not afraid to change.  Successful people are not afraid of hard work.

Life can be hard.  We are bombarded with situations, and problems.  After solving so many problems daily, we just want to rest and not think. I work in the Customer Service field.  I just want to come home, get comfortable and watch a sappy feel good movie or a renovation show.  Not to say successful people don't have downtime, but successful people are not going to be tripped up by immediate gratification.  Proverbs 6:10-11 says, "You say, “I need a rest. I think I’ll take a short nap.” But then you sleep and sleep and become poorer and poorer. Soon you will have nothing. It will be as if a thief came and stole everything you owned."(Easy-to-Read Version).  OUCH!

Proverbs 26:11 says, "Like a dog that returns to its vomit, a fool does the same foolish things again and again."(Easy-to-Read Version).  Successful people are not afraid to admit if something is not working and needs to be changed, modified, or thrown out.  Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome has been defined as insanity.

Colossians 3:23 says, "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;"(KJV).  Don't miss this!  Whatever you do, do your best as if you are doing it for God!  You should be the best worker on the job, and in your business.  Not only are you representing your Lord and Saviour, you are representing you personal "Brand".  Millions of people are already singing the praises of Kobe Bryant.  What will be said of you?  Or me?  Will they say we were a breath of fresh air and a joy to be around?  Or will they say we were lazy, shiftless, and good for nothing.  Selah.

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment