Sunday, March 15, 2020

Atomic Bombs

Happy Sunday!

"We overcome Satan when we testify personally to what the Word of God says the Blood of Jesus does for us." - Derek Prince

1 John 3:8(b) says, "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."(KJV).

I spent a great deal of my life in Missouri.  The state is still called the "Show Me" State.  People don't put a lot of trust in what you say, they want to see your actions.  Makes me think of my Great Aunt Mae.  I was pregnant with my second child and my hair was the thickest and healthiest its ever been.  She greeted me, then pulled my hair, and told me to take that wig off.  I was shocked, but not too much.  My family will totally understand that the seven Moore sisters were and are something else.  Not sure how she'd feel about all the lace front wigs, and units available today. But I really think she was just looking for authenticity.  Aren't we all?

People need to see that life is actually working for you.  They need to see that Jesus is real not because you go to church every Sunday, but how you live throughout the week.  Your overcoming testimony destroys the works of the Devil.  Its not a fake post on Instagram, or Facebook to make someone else jealous, but an actual success in this life.  One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 27:13.  It says, "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."(KJV).  Don't miss this!  The Psalmist is confident he will see what he is expecting on this side of Glory.  And so do I!

This week I was introduced to the following passage by C.S. Lewis.  The panic of his day was the Atomic Bomb.  We can easily insert Corona Virus.  It's all about perspective. 

"It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.” - C.S. Lewis

Let's live life like we really believe the Word.  You do believe, don't you?

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment