Sunday, March 8, 2020

Hidden Dangers

Happy Sunday!

2 Timothy 1:7 says, "You see, God did not give us a cowardly spirit but a powerful, loving, and disciplined spirit."(Voice).  Don't miss this!  God, our loving heavenly father is not giving us FEAR.  So if we have FEAR we must determine where it has come from and return it to the sender.

Are your afraid?  What are you afraid of?  How did the enemy introduce this fear in your life?  Do you know what one of the biggest fears is?  I'll wait.  Take all the time you need.  The biggest fear is the Fear of Death.  Think about it.  Why all the rage about viruses?  Fear of Death.  Hebrews 2:14-15 says, "Since we, God’s children, are human beings—made of flesh and blood—he became flesh and blood too by being born in human form; for only as a human being could he die and in dying break the power of the devil who had the power of death. Only in that way could he deliver those who through FEAR OF DEATH have been living all their lives as slaves to constant dread."(Living Bible).  The Easy-to-Read Version says it this way, "They were like slaves all their lives because of their fear of death."(Hebrews 2:15).

We just came out of Black History Month.  Surely, you are not going to allow any kind of slavery in your life!  Right?  Don't be a slave to FEAR.  Knowledge is power, and knowledge of the Word of God is supernatural!  Get the Word.  Knowing what God has promised you will build your faith and make you fearless.  Knowing that God loves you and he never uses sickness to teach you.  He uses His Word, and His Spirit to teach you everything you will ever need to know.  2 Timothy 3:16 says, "All Scripture is given by God. And all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is wrong in their lives. It is useful for correcting faults and teaching the right way to live."(Easy-to-Read Version).

Proverbs 4:7 says, "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."(KJV).  Wisdom is the ability to use the knowledge you have gained properly.

Ask any of my co-workers and they will tell you that I keep Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer on my desk all the times.  And not just since the recent virus scare.  One night I was working late.  The cleaning ladies were moving about the floor.  I noticed one particular lady going from desk to desk wiping with the same towel.  I asked her what she was doing, and alerted her that she was actually spreading germs from desk to desk.  At that time we were in the so called "flu season" and several of my co-workers were ill, and one had to be hospitalized.  I don't think she fully understood, but I worked with leadership to ensure disposable wipes would be used, and discarded after each desk.  Fast forward, we have different cleaning people, and new leadership.  I have a sign on my desk asking them not to wipe my desk!  Each morning I wipe my desk just in case it may have been contaminated in some way.  I'm not doing it from a place of fear, but I do it from a place of wisdom.  Wisdom helps me to protect myself, but ultimately God is my protector.

Psalm 91:3-7

God will save you from hidden dangers
    and from deadly diseases.
You can go to him for protection.
    He will cover you like a bird spreading its wings over its babies.
    You can trust him to surround and protect you like a shield.
You will have nothing to fear at night
    and no need to be afraid of enemy arrows during the day.
You will have no fear of diseases that come in the dark
    or terrible suffering that comes at noon.
A thousand people may fall dead at your side
    or ten thousand right beside you,
    but nothing bad will happen to you! (Easy-to-Read Version).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment