Sunday, March 29, 2020

Essential

Happy Sunday!

Praying that you, and your family are well.  Thank you to all of my family and friends on the front lines:  Doctors, Nurses, Sonographers, Respiratory Care Techs, Patient Care Techs, Unit Secretaries, other Hospital Staff involved in supporting these persons, Firefighters, Police Officers, Military Servicemen and Women, EMS, Dispatchers, Postal Workers, Security Officers, Retail Store Staff, City Bus and Train Operators, Delivery Workers and Drivers, and so many more "Essential" workers.  I'm sure there are more, I'm sorry for leaving out anyone.

Genesis 12:3 says, "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you; and the entire world will be blessed because of you."(Living Bible).  God was talking to Abraham but this blessing trickled down to us because of Jesus.  God intends for the entire world to be blessed by us.

Are you being a blessing during this troubling situation?  Are you kind, patient, and understanding?  Or are you cussing the cable company representative out because 1 of your 605 channels is not working?  Are you sharing with others?  I had to check myself in Walmart on Wednesday.  Ya'll they had the Mega Rolls of Angel Soft!  I was tempted to get more than one 18 pack.  But I realized, I'm not out of toilet paper at home, God always provides for me, and I'm believing there will be more when I need it.

The rubber has met the road people!  Do we really believe God?  Or are we just going through the motions?  Remember what the Word says, "My God will use his glorious riches to give you everything you NEED. He will do this through Christ Jesus."(Philippians 4:19, Easy-to-Read Version).

God commands us hundreds of times in the Word to "Fear Not".  It's not a suggestion, it's a command.  He knew that life on earth can get scary.  But he wanted us to trust Him.  Isaiah 41:10 emphasizes this, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."(KJV).
Be Fearless!

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment