Sunday, June 27, 2021

Nosy?

Happy Sunday!

Have you ever been nosy?  Curious?  Inquisitive?  Have you ever wanted to read a private letter, or email? You can tell me, I won't tell anyone.  Just asking this question made me think of my Great Aunt Elizzie, and laugh.  She told me that she always wanted to know what was going on in the family.  Children back in her day were sent out of the room, or out of the house when the adults wanted to have a private conversation.  She would go outside, and then go under the house and listen to her hearts' content.  Have you ever seen a house in the country sitting up on cinder blocks?  That's what I'd envision every time she'd tell me about it.  I'd also envision spiders, fire ants, and other bugs being under the house, but I guess getting the "tea" was worth the risk.

While reading the Word, I realized that the epistles while written to specific churches give us insight into their lives, and the things they did.  Think about it.  The Apostle Paul for instance was writing to the Philippians and mentioned how it had been a while since he'd received their last love offering.  He also gave them the secret to living a joyful, and happy life.  2 Timothy 3:16 says, "All Scripture is given by God. And all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is WRONG in their lives. It is useful for correcting faults and teaching the RIGHT way to live."(Easy-to-Read Version).

The Apostle Paul wrote, "How grateful I am and how I praise the Lord that you are helping me again. I know you have always been anxious to send what you could, but for a while you didn’t have the chance. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little.  I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the SECRET of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power."(Philippians 4:10-13 Living Bible).  Don't miss this!  The Passion Translation says verse 13 like this, "I find that the strength of Christ’s explosive power infuses me to conquer every difficulty."

When we understand that the power of Jesus Christ abides in us in the person of the Holy Spirit, we can be confident that we can overcome ANY difficulty.  Jesus said, "I have told you all this so that you may find your peace IN ME. You will find trouble in the world—but, never lose heart, I have conquered the world!”(John 16:33 Phillips).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment