Sunday, August 21, 2022

Bless The Lord

 Happy Sunday!

"O my soul, come, praise the Eternal with all that is in me—body, emotions, mind, and will—every part of who I am— praise His holy name.  O my soul, come, praise the Eternal; sing a song from a grateful heart; sing and never forget all the good He has done.  Despite all your many offenses, He forgives and releases you. More than any doctor, He heals your diseases. He reaches deep into the pit to deliver you from death. He crowns you with unfailing love and compassion like a king.  When your soul is famished and withering, He fills you with good and beautiful things, satisfying you as long as you live."(Psalm 103:1-5 Voice).The Psalmist commanded his soul to "Bless the Lord".  There are times when we need a little motivation, and inspiration.  Many times we have to encourage ourselves.  Don't worry we are in good company in this, King David had to do the same.  1 Samuel 30:6 says, "And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David ENCOURAGED himself in the Lord his God."(KJV).To stay encouraged we must Glorify God, remain Thankful, and Think on and Imagine Good things.  Glorifying God is easy.  Bring to remembrance who He is and what He has done.  In the early 1990's I made photo copies of prayers from the book called, Prayers That Avail Much by Germaine Copeland.  It belonged to my Aunt Theaha.  Later a dear friend, Nancy bought me my own leather bound copy! One of the prayers involves the names of God.  Rehearsing the names encourages me and reminds me of how God has been all of these in my life.  For example, Jehovah Jireh means My Provider; Jehovah Shalom means My Peace; Jehovah Rapha means My Healer; El Shaddai means the Breasted One Full of Blessings.  I could go on but I hope you see the benefit of Glorying God.To stay encouraged we must remain thankful.  Saying Thank You is not outdated or out of style.  I still send hand written Thank You Cards, and just yesterday I received the most beautiful hand-made Thank You card from my niece, Gretchen.  In 2 Timothy 3:2 the Apostle Paul wrote to his son in the ministry, Timothy.  He described what people would be like in the end times, "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, UNTHANKFUL, unholy,"(KJV).  Don't be like these people.  Instead, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."(1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV).To stay encouraged we must think on and imagine good things.  Philippians 4:8 says, "And now, brothers, as I close this letter, let me say this one more thing: Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about."(Living Bible).  It's been said that our lives are going in the direction of our dominant thoughts.  Don't miss this!  What you think, you will become.  That's why it's important to know what God's Word says about you, and to agree with what he has declared.  Forget about all the negative that has been spoken to you or about you.  Think on GOOD things.  Imagine them.  See yourself healed, prosperous, and joyful.  Jesus said, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."(Mark 11:24 KJV).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment