Sunday, August 28, 2022

Harvest Time

 Happy Sunday!

"While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."(Genesis 8:22 Amplified).One of the content creators that I enjoy watching on YouTube has been harvesting various fruits and vegetables from her garden.  She is well versed in her growing zone, first frost date, and what the plants look like when they have "gone to seed".  She is excited to see items producing especially when she didn't think they would.  If you think green beans, cabbage and corn come from a can, you will be surprised to see how much work must be done during harvest season. LOL!Jesus compared the Word of God to seeds being planted in the hearts of men.  He often spoke of the great harvest of souls.  John 4:34-36 says, "Then Jesus explained: “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God who sent me, and from finishing his work. Do you think the work of harvesting will not begin until the summer ends four months from now? Look around you! Vast fields of HUMAN SOULS are ripening all around us, and are ready now for reaping. The reapers will be paid good wages and will be gathering eternal souls into the granaries of heaven! What joys await the sower and the reaper, both together!"(Living Bible). Jesus always used parables and stories that incorporated things the listeners were familiar with.  For example he told this parable in Luke 12:16-21, "A wealthy man owned some land that produced a huge harvest. He often thought to himself, “I have a problem here. I don’t have anywhere to store all my crops. What should I do? I know! I’ll tear down my small barns and build even bigger ones, and then I’ll have plenty of storage space for my grain and all my other goods. Then I’ll be able to say to myself, ‘I have it made! I can relax and take it easy for years! So I’ll just sit back, eat, drink, and have a good time!’”  Then God interrupted the man’s conversation with himself. “Excuse Me, Mr. Brilliant, but your time has come. Tonight you will die. Now who will enjoy everything you’ve earned and saved?” This is how it will be for people who accumulate huge assets for themselves but have no assets in relation to God."(Voice).How can we make sure we have assets in heaven?  Great question.  I'm so glad you asked.  Matthew 13:23 says, "The good ground represents the heart of a man who listens to the message and understands it and goes out and brings thirty, sixty, or even a hundred OTHERS into the Kingdom.”(Living Bible).  Jesus said, "Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”(NLT)."Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."(Matthew 6:33 NLT).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment