Sunday, August 7, 2022

He's The Light

 Happy Sunday!

"You, Lord, are the LIGHT that keeps me SAFE. I am not afraid of anyone. You PROTECT me, and I have no fears. Brutal people may attack and try to kill me, but they will stumble.  Fierce enemies may attack, but they will fall. Armies may surround me, but I won't be afraid; war may break out, but I will TRUST you."(Psalm 27:1-3 CEV).Are you afraid of the dark?  In the modern world with street lights, headlights, and motion sensors we rarely experience total darkness.  If you are privileged to live in the country or in wide open spaces without light pollution you may experience darkness, but hopefully you enjoy great views of the stars and planets as well.  This first scripture reminded me of the stories my mother-in-law told me about walking home after dark in Mississippi.  Just hearing it frightened me.  I always imagined vicious animals or bad people lurking in the darkness.  I am so glad to have been born when I was. We even have flashlights on our phones. LOL!The psalmist recalled how God was his light and his salvation.  GOD is our light and our salvation as well.  1 John 1:5 says, "This is the message God has given us to pass on to you: that God is Light and in him is no darkness at all."(Living Bible).  Don't miss this! Light reveals things, and shows us the way.  Light dispels darkness, and will keep evil away.  He is also our salvation.  You remember the word salvation means wholeness: nothing missing, nothing broken. Psalm 34:19 says, "The good man does not escape all troubles—he has them too. But the Lord helps him in each and every one."(Living Bible). Knowing that God is our Light gives us courage and hope. The psalmist said, "Life will go well for those who freely lend and are honest in business. They won't ever be troubled, and the kind things they do will never be forgotten. Bad news won't bother them; they have decided to TRUST the Lord."(Psalm 112:5-7 CEV).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment