Sunday, October 2, 2022

Come, Hear, and Do

 Happy Sunday!

“Let me show you what the man who COMES to me, HEARS what I have to say, and PUTS it into practice, is really like. He is like a man building a house, who dug down to rock-bottom and laid the foundation of his house upon it. Then when the flood came and flood-water swept down upon that house, it could not shift it because it was properly built. BUT the man who hears me and DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT is like a man who built his house with its foundation upon the soft earth. When the flood-water swept down upon it, it collapsed and the whole house crashed down in ruins.”(Luke 6:47-49 Phillips).I often mention Brother Charles Capps sermon entitled, "How to Succeed When Others Fail".  He references these scriptures.  Many people think the two men in this comparison are polar opposites.  Some think one is saved and the other is lost.  BUT read it again! Brother Capps says, "Both men could have been Full Gospel, tongue talking, Bible Toting, Full Gospel Business Men. They both came to Jesus. They both heard what Jesus said. But only one of them did what Jesus said."The Apostle James said, "Do what God’s teaching says; don’t just listen and do nothing. When you only sit and listen, you are fooling yourselves. Hearing God’s teaching and doing nothing is like looking at your face in the mirror and doing nothing about what you saw. You go away and immediately forget how bad you looked."(James 1:22-24 Easy-to-Read Version).  OUCH!  We don't want to be like that man, do we?Jesus said, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."(John 14:21 KJV).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment