Sunday, October 16, 2022

It Is What It Is

Happy Sunday!

"The Lord God is our protector and glorious king.  He blesses us with kindness and honor.  The Lord FREELY gives every good thing to those who do what is right.  Lord All-Powerful, great blessings belong to those who trust in you!"(Psalm 84:11-12 Easy-to-Read Version).In one of my past positions, I had a Lead that would take escalated customer calls.  My cubicle was right across from his so I would hear everything he said to my customer after I transferred the call.  I would giggle and laugh as he would tell the customer, "It is what it is!"  Don't get me wrong, we were not mistreating any customers, but after explaining the situation to them over and over you get to the point where tough love is needed.  I feel like that about the Word of God!  It is what it is!  I take it literally and God has never let me down.I believe that He loves me more than anyone else can or would. I believe He only wants the best for me.  I believe His Word is for me and my benefit.  No one knows me better than He does.  Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the Word that God speaks is alive and active; it cuts more keenly than any two-edged sword: it strikes through to the place where soul and spirit meet, to the innermost intimacies of a man’s being: it exposes the very thoughts and motives of a man’s heart. No creature has any cover from the sight of God; everything lies naked and exposed before the eyes of him with whom we have to do."(Phillips).Do I always get it right?  No, I don't.  Do I use my shortcomings as an excuse to stop trying?  NO, of course not!  The Apostle Paul said it like this, "I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back."(Philippians 3:12-14 Message).What happens when we follow after God with all we've got?  Psalm 84:11(b) says, "He doesn’t deny any good thing to those who live with integrity."(Voice).  I expect good things.  The Psalmist said, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life."(Psalm 23:6 KJV).  The Voice translation of this same scripture says, "Certainly Your faithful PROTECTION and loving PROVISION will pursue me where I go, ALWAYS, everywhere."Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment