Sunday, October 30, 2022

No Doubt, No Unbelief

 Happy Sunday!

"I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me. Everything you do is marvelous! Of this I have no DOUBT."(Psalm 139:14 CEV).What's the difference between doubt and unbelief?  Great question!  I'm so glad you asked.  Doubt is when you just don't know.  If you don't know about a certain thing you will have doubt about it.  I could tell you that the elements Sodium and Chloride by themselves are both poisonous. But when you put them together you get table salt. You may doubt that I am telling you the truth. You may doubt that I know anything about science.  But if after careful investigation you find that this is actually true, and you still don't believe me that's Unbelief.  Unbelief is when you do know about something but have made a conscious decision not to believe it.Jesus said, "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not DOUBT in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."(Mark 11:23 KJV).  I enjoy seeing mountains, and I enjoyed hiking them when I lived in Arizona.  So I'm more interested in moving the "mountains" in my life not physical mountains.  Situations, and circumstances that are obstacles need to be moved.  If I am ignorant of the Word of God it will be easier to doubt.  But as I saturate myself in the Word I find more and more promises, and blessings that I can enjoy. Once I learned how Wonderful, and Trustworthy God is, then it became much easier to believe.  When I am tempted to not believe or get into Unbelief I go back to the Word.  The Word says, "He personally carried the load of our sins in his own body when he died on the cross so that we can be finished with sin and live a good life from now on. For his wounds have HEALED ours!"(2 Peter 2:24 Living Bible).  The Word says, "God can BLESS you with everything you need, and you will always have more than enough to do all kinds of good things for others."(2 Corinthians 9:8 CEV).  The Word says, "I’ll reward him with many GOOD years on this earth and let him witness My salvation.”(Psalm 91:16 Voice).I really like that last one!  Many good years on this earth!  Not years of poverty, destruction, and sickness!  Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Eternal, “plans for peace, not evil, to give you a future and hope—never forget that."(Voice).  Even though the Children of Israel were experiencing the opposite when this prophecy was given, God let them know that he had a better plan for them. He has a Good Plan for us as well.Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment