Sunday, February 19, 2023

A Better Way

 Happy Sunday!

"I want you to desire the best gifts.  So I will show you a much better way."(1 Corinthians 12:31 CEV).

The Apostle Paul has just taught the church at Corinth about Spiritual Gifts and the importance of each individual in the Body of Christ.  He used the body as an example of how necessary each part or person is.  I can't see my liver, but I'm confident that it's doing a life saving work for me.  I can't see my lungs but I'm grateful that even when I sleep I am still breathing.  Each organ has a purpose and must work in conjunction with other organs to promote life and  health. The Body of Christ must work together in unity as well.

In the scripture above, the Apostle says that even though we have miracles, healings, prophecies, and tongues there is still a "better way"!  Then in Chapter 13 he shows us the better way is LOVE!  Everyone loves these scriptures, even unbelievers use them in their weddings.  The KJV is so poetic.  But the Living Bible says it like this, "Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong.  It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out.  If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him."(1 Corinthians 13:4-7).

Jesus told His disciples, "This is how all men will know that you are my disciples, because you have such LOVE for one another.”(John 13:35 Phillips).  ALL means all.  Everyone we meet should see the difference. People should be happy to see you coming, not hiding to avoid you.  Use these scriptures as a checklist.  If you miss a point work on it!  Don't be discouraged!  The Holy Spirit will help you.  Love is the Better Way. 

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment